IEPS is proposing to build the Kitsim H2 Project in southeastern Alberta, near the Hamlet of Bow City, south-west of the City of Brooks. This location was specifically chosen because it offers an optimum combination of all of the key components of a successful power to gas (“P2G”) hydrogen project. These attributes include:
- Secure, simple access to the Alberta electrical transmission system.
- Access to reliable supplies of water.
- Proximity to large potential markets for green H2 .
- Adequate available land for future expansion.
- High H2 underground storage potential.
- A well-developed rail and all-weather road system.
- Strong community and local government support.